Northern New Mexico
We serve New Mexicans touched by cancer and make cancer treatment possible for New Mexicans who need help. If you or someone you know has received a cancer diagnosis, you understand how difficult that is to hear. Add to that the financial impact it can have, and it becomes even more overwhelming. In northern New Mexico, most cancer patients must travel to Santa Fe for treatment, which may not be affordable. As a result, some people may forego treatment altogether, especially if treatments are administered over a period of days or weeks.
That is where the Cancer Foundation for New Mexico (CFFNM) steps in. We help patients who do not have the resources to travel to, and stay in, Santa Fe for treatment. We also provide a full range of other support services to all cancer patients in Santa Fe, regardless of financial need.
No qualified patient is turned away.
The Cancer Foundation for New Mexico supported more than 28,000 patient visits to the Regional Cancer Center last year.
Services available to all patients regardless of financial need:
CFFNM provides other critical services:
- Weekly support groups for cancer patients, caregivers, and their families
- A trained group of volunteers (often cancer survivors) to provide one-on-one support in the treatment rooms
- Spanish-speaking volunteers to interpret during exams and treatment (must call to schedule)
- Nutritious snacks for patients and families during chemotherapy and radiation treatment
- Information on available community resources
See more Support Group Descriptions and Schedule.